Tuesday 11 October 2011

End of First Week in Moscow


 8 October

Well, a week has passed and I am still in Moscow.  My first teaching week with L has certainly been interesting.  L was on half term holiday last week so I came in a lot earlier to teach her.  The family has one of those small poodles; pretty cute if you like those kinds of dogs and it is called Choco.  Choco is Loco! I have never seen such a hyperactive dog but you can tell she loves L very much.    L is a great girl and not what I expected from a rich Russian family.  She tidies up the kitchen after her mother, helps puts away groceries and is generally a tidy child. 

Last Wednesday her mum had to go for a massage somewhere in Moscow but as she didn’t have a babysitter that day, Lisa and I were doing our best Mary Poppins imitation while looking after Georgy, diminutive: Gosha who is only 5/6 months old.  We were driven by Alexander, diminutive: Sasha.  Now I thought Sasha drove the way he did when he didn’t have the family in the car.  Boy was I wrong!  There was no difference. We were in a park for an hour which wasn’t too bad and luckily the weather wasn’t too bad.

This week it has been sunshine and showers.  On Saturday it got up to the heady heights of 21 Deg C but Sunday was a big change, rain, rain and more rain.  Moscow is covered in a cloud of rain/mist and there are great big puddles everywhere.

Unfortunately after a week I still do not know the address of where I am staying.  It is frustrating as the caretaker/receptionist of the apartment block speaks no English.  I am also struggling with the fact that I do not know how to get to my nearest Metro stop.  The family don’t know.  Whatever country/city I have been in I have always managed to get into the centre.  I do not like the feeling of being so isolated and don’t get me started on the internet situation or I seriously might explode!!!

My apartment is on the 12th floor and my next door neighbour is having work done on her flat. I know that she has dogs and birds of some kind.  I hear them barking and tweeting.  I finally got to see the dogs and they are gorgeous husky style dogs and not fierce or mean at all.

Well, hopefully by the time of my next entry I will be on the internet and have a Russian phone and fingers crossed, knowing where the nearest metro line is and how to get to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment